If you peaked into my pantry or various cabinets in my kitchen you would see dozens of mason jars, in all different sizes. There is something about drinking out of a mason jar that makes me feel connected to the great outdoors, even if I am living in the middle of a city. By simply taking a mason jar, some ground coffee [to look like soil] and fresh cut flowers from the garden, you can create a beautiful flower vase that not only looks great, but smells great too! The coffee grounds [whether dry or just brewed] will naturally deodorize the room in addition to the beautiful scent that will be given off by the flowers you have selected.
Air Freshening Flower Vase
You will need:
- a mason jar of any size
– fresh cut flowers (to freshen the air)
– ground coffee (to look like soil and to freshen the air)
– small sandwich bag or flower tubes to increase the life of your flowers
– elastic band
1. Cut flowers from your garden or buy some from a local farm/nursery
2. Cut the corner of a sandwich bag and fill with water. Secure the bag to the stems with an elastic band. You can also purchase flower tubes online or at a local flower shop to reuse each time.
3. Place the flowers in a mason jar and fill in with coffee grounds. If you are a coffee drinker, you can save your grounds after each brew in a mason jar and reuse them for this project! Or check out this great post about 10 Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds!
4. Enjoy a beautifully scented room!
DISCLAIMER: By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, please do not use this site!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read the full Rethink Simple disclosure here before using this site.