As I’m sure you all know, a standard BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) is a sandwich made up of 5 main ingredients: bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise and bread. Drop the bread, swap the mayo for cream cheese, add a few finishing ingredients, stuff them inside of a cherry tomato and voila! You have yourself fun bite size appetizers that are sure to be a hit!
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (full-fat)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- dash of sea salt
1. Cut the top of each tomato off (just a small slice).
2. Scoop out the pulp and seeds and set aside. You can discard or use for making salsa, pasta sauce etc. I used my 1/4tsp measuring cup to easily scoop out the pulp. A regular spoon was much too big for the job.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix. Spoon filling into each tomato (I again used my 1/4 tsp measuring cup). To crumble the bacon I placed the cooked strips in unbleached parchment paper and crumpled it with my hand. Keep refrigerated, serve and enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, please do not use this site!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read the full Rethink Simple disclosure here before using this site.